Thursday 12 July, 2007

For the first time

i had read many books before I first went to a movie when I was 14

i had cried many times before I first cried in my hostel room when I was 16

i had taken many long walks and many bus journeys before I first took a taxi ride on my own when I was 21

i had planted many plants that bore fragrant flowers before I first bought a bottle of perfume when I was 21

i had been looking at myself in the mirror for many years before I first went to a beauty parlour when I was 21

i had written many letters before I first sent an email when I was 22

i had plated my hair a thousand times before I first cut my hair when I was 22

i had eaten many plates of pav-bhaji and masala-dosas before I first had grilled fish with tartar sauce when I was 22

i had said "No I don't" many times before I said "Yes I do" when I was 23

i had travelled to many places before I first travelled by an aeroplane when I was 23

i had held many babies in my arms before I first held my son when I was 25

i had seen many sunlit days before I first saw sunlight at 9.00pm when I was 25

i had had many paneer parathas and pizzas before I first looked at the ideal height-weight chart when I was 30 :-)

Life changed forever after I did many things for the first time.

2 comments:

Mahesh said...

Excellnt and Impressive, I feel intimidated.

lazyConfusedBoredPessimist said...

mahesh, thanks