Happy new year 2009 to everyone (if anyone) visits this space
So its new year and coincidentally I am beginning a new phase of my life. I have quit my job and have not decided what I would be doing next. I remember once I said to my mother that "I would never quit my job without having another one in my hand". I guess no can predict what decisions one would take under given circumstances and situations.
This is the first time since September 1996 that I would be truly "jobless". I do plan to start working "part-time" or "freelancing" however it is very difficult for IT professionals in India to find these kind of opportunities. So today I am completely blank about what would happen or what I would let happen to my career. There are many reasons why I quit my job and I am not comfortable with the uncertainty that I have chosen for myself however at the same time I am in high spirits as on 17-Jan I will attain freedom from the corporate world
So this post is basically about the things that I would like to do once I am elevated to the "stay-at-home-mom" status.
Most of these fall under the regular chores however in the past years I never got the time to do these at my own pace so I am sure I am going to enjoy doing them.
1) Clean all wardrobes in the house and mercilessly throw away all clothes that are old/unused (except my soft, worn-out "Sleep-ins" nightdress, dark blue jeans that will never fit me, all my sleeveless dresses which I have never worn, cute woollen dresses of the kids, all baby pink and blue dresses, socks, bibs bought at Mother Care, Baby Shop etc. and the endless list of clothes that I have carried with me through the multiple houses and cities that I have moved :-)
2) Organize financial papers, bills etc.
3) Clean the store-room. This time I resolve to throw away the carrom board which we never use.
4) Organize audio-video cassettes, CDs and DVDs. I am sure I am going to listen to "Saath-Saath" at least 3 times while doing this.
5) Take a look at the few plants that I have in the balcony and mend them
6) Download photos from camera to laptop and shortlist some for printing
7) Download video recordings from the camcorder to laptop
8) Create a weekly kitchen plan
9) Practice 45 mins of yoga everyday
10) Walk for 1 hour 4 days a week
11) Play with the kids for 1 hour everyday
12) Sign up for a music class
13) Make a new friend. I haven't made a good friend since my college days.